DIY Jewelry Organizer
My new retail job requires rather excessive accessorizing (for me anyway), so it was a good excuse for me to organize the jumbled mess that my jewelry box had become.
I took everything out, got rid of a couple of things, and put the smaller pieces (rings, small earrings & bracelets) back into the jewelry box on my dresser.
Then...I needed a visually accessible (and jumble-free) solution for my larger earrings & necklaces. And of course I wanted it NOW, so I looked for stuff I had on hand. After a trip to the garage and digging through my craft stash of stuff, here's what I ended up with:
My solution: an old frame, some scrap fabric, black wire, duct tape and a few nails! It was about a 15 minute project.
- Find a wooden frame with a mat-board backing.
- Remove the glass and set it aside (surely there will be a need for it some day!)
- Wrap the mat-board backing with fabric, attaching with duct tape to the back of the mat-board.
- Spiral wrap the fabric-covered mat-board with wire (I used heavier wire to be sure that it would hold up well).
- Twist the wire to itself on the backside to secure it and put a strip of duct tape over it to keep it in place.
- Insert the mat-board back into the frame.
- Add nails to the wooden frame at the top & middle of the sides (for neclaces).
- Find a convenient place to hang it up & add your jewelry!
I put mine in my closet, next to the full length mirror.