Nursery Wall Canvases
I spent this weekend painting, cutting, gluing and piecing...to make these for the new baby boy's nursery:
which were shamelessly "inspired" and lifted by these prints from Babies R Us:
I used 16" x 20" canvases, scraps of various patterned papers and just went to town paper piecing them all together. Since I had pictures to work from, I was able to free-hand the various shapes pretty well. Once all the animals were put together, I used my sewing machine to stitch a border around the outline of each animal. Then I painted the backgrounds of the canvases and taped off borders to make the brown border around each canvas. Finally, I used mod-podge to put them all together and protect them.
Here are close-ups of each:
This was a fun project and I love the textured finish...much better than buying prints I think....but thenit did take two full days of work to finish them!